April 18, 2008

Broken Horn Hunt






The first picture is my first "can you see it?" - not too hard to find. I went out for the day and only ended up finding these two broken sheds...but they were both fresh and I finally broke my skunk streak. While I was out I did a ton of hiking and ended up finding a herd of about 40 elk. There were 5 bulls that I could see. Four of the bulls were spikes that hadn't dropped yet and the other had dropped and was growing his new set. After the herd realized I was there, at about 150 yards, they trotted away. I started to scan the hillside for horns and ended up finding the deer shed laying right where they had been eating. The weird thing about that one is I was at an elevation of about 7600 feet. It was the highest deer shed I have found and the only one I have ever found in that area.

No comments: